Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Photograph

I'll post some of my photos that I have taken since early November when I bought a Nikon D40. While I have been looking at digital single lens reflex (DSLR) cameras for a few years now, I finally had some extra money to finally buy one. Along with the camera and 18-55mm kit lens, I bought a 55-200mm VR lens as well as an autofocus 50mm f/1.8 that I have to manually focus on my D40. Below is a shot with the 50mm.

With buying the entry level DSLR, I did save money and was able to afford a SB-600 flash as well as a nice Manfrotto tripod legs and head. I understand that the lens is the most important part of the system save for the person taking the picture. If I had the money, I would definitely invest in better glass rather than a top-of-the-line camera.

Photography should be enjoyable. Sure, it can be some work getting the right shot, but the creativity it takes to capture an image is nothing less than a thrill. I've learned quite a bit having studied video and working in broadcasting about shutter speed, f-stops and composition, but nothing is better than real world experience.

Soaring Spirit

Soaring Spirit by Robert Koepnic

Woodland Cemetery, Dayton, Ohio, 7 February 2009

50mm, f/1.8 1/640 ISO 200 with Neutral Density filter.


No comments:

Post a Comment