Friday, December 4, 2009

Self-portraits.

I have shot several self-portraits since I began shooting November 2008. Here is the latest self-portrait:


I had for the past year looked at David Hobby's Strobist blog and elsewhere looking at adding some light. Working in television, I understood the importance of light, but I didn't really understand the concept of it. While I've been consistently taking photos as my schedule allows, I happened to find two wild and crazy gringos, who were doing one light set-ups like Zack Arias. I liked what I was seeing and priced a softbox as well as the Cybersyncs that Michael was using.

I got the light stand and softbox with the hot shoe umbrella clamp yesterday. I had them delivered to work. It is much easier that way. Then I took the following picture before going to bed.



I am definitely going to have to search for some models, although shooting outside isn't much of an option lately due to the cold weather. I have a nice rabbit fur hat that becomes quickly unbearable indoors and actually used it extensively last year to better get acquainted with the Nikon D40 over the winter. It really seems like I've been shooting for much long and in a sense I have through the concepts I learned for video production. I had wanted to purchase a digital-SLR for some time, but never had the extra cash. Now, I am satisfied using the Nikon D200, but I would love a few more lenses and more lighting, which is really the heart of the image.


Major Tom To Ground ControlRoses are red...Restless"Y'know, a drink never hurt nobody at all."Chillaxin' at the Speed of LightSolitary ManEveryone shoots a photo like this eventually...Rat PackThe Long Drive Home. 9/365Sore Eyes for Sight 6/365Good Night 4/365Do You Need A Reason?Baby, It's Cold Outside


It still remains odd to see oneself. I find myself wanted to be represented in some way. Somber, cool, happy or some other type of emotion. Some on Flickr do a 365 self-portrait, which is a self-portrait a day for an entire year. If only I had that amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment